Functional Behavioral Assessment:
A Few Links
In addition to these resources, there are also commercial firms offering materials related to functional behavioral assessment. Here are a few I've found.
- Kentucky Council for Children with Behavior Disorders provided a page devoted to functional behavioral assessment
- J. Miller of Duquesne University provides an extensive introduction to functional behavioral assessment. This is a wonderful 1-stop shop for information about FBA. See, also, the 1998 article by Miller, Tansy, & Hughes on FBA from Current Issues is Education.
- The Center for Effective Collaboration and Practice now maintains pages of its own on FBA.
- One of Pennyslvania's providers of resources and information about specail education produced a bibliography about functional behavioral assessment that include many good references and links
- The Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities (VESID) of the New York State Education Department published a memorandum providing Guidance on Functional Behavioral Assessments for
Students with Disabilities.
- The Philadelphia local education agency produced a brief set of questions and answers
- The National Association of Social Workers issued a technical assistance guide about functional behavioral assessment for social workers (date: May 1998). It has been reproduced at
- The Student Support Services group at the University of South Florida provides extensive and useful information in a technical report called Functional Behavioral Assessment and Behavioral Intervention Plans
- The Tri-State Consortium on Positive Behavior Support (US states of WV, PA, and VA) provided a useful introduction to FBA.
- New York State United Teachers produced an information bulletin (date: November 1998)
- Tom Scovill's page on discipline mentions functional behavioral assessment
- S. Steingart's fine site from the Office of Psychological Services, Baltimore County Public Schools, Towson, Md. (US), has a set of links
- The US Western Regional Resource Center includes links about FBA in it's listing headed behavior resources.
- ERIC--the information clearing house--provided a description of the literature entitle Positive Behavior Support and Functional Assessment that also includes some references to print materials.
- For some of his classes, Harry Dangle of Georgia State University maintains a list of links about FBA from his Web pages. He may keep up with this topic better than I do, so check there.
- The Journal of Positive Behavior Interventions published a paper by Terry Scott and Mike Nelson entitled "Using Functional Behavioral Assessment to Develop Effective Intervention Plans: Practical Classroom Application." See the abstract at the journal's Web site for Volume 1, Number 4, Fall 1999.
This is http://curry.edschool.virginia.edu/information/fba.html. It was last modified Monday, 02-Oct-2006 10:15:58 EDT by John Lloyd and has been accessed [an error occurred while processing this directive] times since 10 February 1999.